After another day in the shop, the Hive Boxes are complete, and ready for spring! We found about a half of a gallon of exterior paint that was left over from painting the fireplace chimney chase, so we decided to use that for the hives. I added a quart of white exterior paint I had, which lightened up the color, and put that white paint to good use, before it went bad. I think they look pretty good!
Here's a shot of a complete hive setup: A bottom board, 2 deep supers (sometimes called brood boxes, or hive bodies) 2 medium supers on top of the deeps (the medium supers will be where the bees store honey) and capping it off, the hive top.